[Zope] performance problem

Ron Bickers rbickers@logicetc.com
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 23:38:15 -0500

I had this same problem with the Photo product.  I discovered that the
photos were being stored as string attributes, vs. a Zope Image object.
This means that Zope read the entire string into memory in order to feed it
to the browser.  Apparently, Zope breaks the data of Image and File objects
into pieces to avoid this problem.  After modifying the Photo product to use
Zope's Image objects, memory use remained low, no matter how many images I
uploaded or viewed.

I don't know all the ins and outs, but maybe Jonothan Farr can confirm that
LocalFS does or does not have this same behavior.

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.
rbickers@logicetc.com