[Zope] Zope and Portal Toolkit

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 18:40:05 -0500

Tom Freeman wrote:

> hi,
> I've installed my Zope server which, in itself seems to be working fine.
> however, i have tried to install the portal toolkit,
> i.e. http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK
>
> i've downloaded various versions of the toolkit and finally found one
> that almost works.
>
> 0.8.2-complete (Development)
>
> it installs okay and seems to be set up fine, when i view the installed
> products in my control panel.
>
> however, when i try to set up a portal i get this message after the 3
> stage process,

> Error Type: NameError
> Error Value: apply_wizard
> ----------------------------------
> Troubleshooting Suggestions
>
>  This resource may be trying to reference a nonexistent object or
> variable apply_wizard.
>  The URL may be incorrect.
>  The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
>  A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.

> etc
>
> any ideas?

First, your chosen version is about six months old.  I would
*strongly* recommend an upgrade to a newer version (e.g., 0.10alpha
or a CVS checkout).  See these install docs:

 * http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/install

 * http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/install_from_cvs

Second, the product-formerly-known-as-PTK has its own mailing
list (zope-ptk@zope.org):