[Zope] Changing DBA, how to make SQL methods to auto-update

Jim Penny jpenny@universal-fasteners.com
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 11:41:17 -0500

On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 12:45:09AM -0600, Felipe E. Barousse Boue wrote:
> HI all
>
> I just changed my DBA from PyGres to PoPy.
>
> It happens that I have to manually open each SQL Method (old Pygres SQL methods) and hit  "save the changes"  one by one in order for the new DBA to be recognized.
>
> Question is: Is there a way for SQL methods to auto-recognize that the DBA actually changed and automagically update themselves?  This would save lots of time, otherwise we got to run through lots and
> lots of SQL methods across our sites.

Very good question.  I know of no such way, and in fact it is a question of
interest inside PoPy/ZPoPyDA itself, as there were some visible API changes
in the 1.0 release of ZPoPyDA.

I have wondered, but not tried, about exporting the site to XML and
using an editor on the XML version.