[Zope] Starting a hosting business

timhaines@paradise.net.nz timhaines@paradise.net.nz
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 23:42:06 GMT

Hi Jake,

Thanks for your reply regarding the setting up hosting facilities.

I don't think the overhead of running multiple zopes will be a problem
(until I approach > 10 clients).

Is this as simple as setting up multple instance homes and having them
all point at the one version of zope, or do
I need one install of zope for each instance home too?

I guess the other thing I need to think about is how a request is
directed to each instance of zope.  I know I can get an instance to
listen to just one ip address, so if each domain had it's own ip address,
that would be fine.  However, if multiple sites share the same ip
address, how would I send the request to the correct instance? (using
zserver)

I hope these questions make sense.

Tim Haines.