[Zope] Not authorised to assign proxy role

Ng Pheng Siong ngps@post1.com
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 23:33:42 +0800

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 12:05:05AM +0100, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Ng Pheng Siong writes:
>  >     You are not authorized to change prox because you do not have proxy
>  >     roles.
> You want to give the object a proxy role, you yourself do not have.

Aye, thanks. That was a simple fix, although it feels kludgy:
Given the following folder structure:

- root
  |- sub

To do what I want, I needed to create a user folder in sub, add a user
with same username, same password as the one in root, then assign the
proxy role to the user in sub.

I'd imagine if a user is able to create proxy roles, he ought to be
able to assign that role to a dtml method he manages. ;-|

Cheers.
--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps@post1.com> * http://www.post1.com/home/ngps