[Zope] 2.3.0 Solaris build corrupted?

Brian Lloyd brian@digicool.com
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 14:36:54 -0500

> 	I downloaded the 2.3.0 solaris build. Gunzip goes well. It gives me
> a checksum error while untarring. Then, I managed to start (tar
> xvif ignores
> checksums) it but there isn't at least the HTTPCacheManager product.
> 	I've got exactly the same error with 2.3.1b1 solaris tgz.

This keeps coming up, so I've added it to the FAQ.txt in the doc/
directory for 2.3.1:

    1. On certain Unix platforms (usually Solaris) I get a "checksum
       error" untarring the Zope distribution. Whats the deal?

       Zope is built and distributed using GNU tar. Some vendor-supplied
       tar implementations have problems with long path names as they
       appear in GNU tar created files. This is a problem that occurs in
       a number of software distributions created using GNU tar, not just
       Zope. We suggest that you install a GNU tar on your system to
       avoid this problem (not just with Zope, but with other software
       distributions as well).

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909