[Zope] Re: Can't import objects ... is transparent folder still the reason ?

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Tue, 02 Jan 2001 10:03:24 -0500

Didier Georgieff wrote:

> I have a problem importing objects (Yihaw Folder derived from Object Manager) on
> 2.2.4 and Transparent Folder (see traceback at the end).
>
> Some months ago i had some similar problem with the first/removed Transparent
> Folder version.
> Is this same problem still there on Transparent Folder 0.3, or do i have to search the
> problem elsewhere for a workaround ?

I wonder if you might consider installing ZDebug, which might give you a
little more info.  Zope 2.2.5b1 also has some modified code that may
affect the results.

BTW the idea of hooking traversal to implement TF didn't work out.  But
the latest version, 0.3, solves the acquisition problems, meaning that
Zope's security policies should work correctly now for transparent
objects.

Shane