[Zope] Non-ASCII-form-input -> HTML-entities?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 22:53:14 +0100 (CET)

Markus Kemmerling writes:
 > I would like to have users being able to enter german vowels ä, ö, ü and other non-ASCII-characters for which HTML-entities exist (ISO 8859-1) into a form-input-field and have them rendered as HTML-entities by the corresponding var-tag in the form-handler.
 >
 > The 'html_quote'-attribute only seems to convert &, <, and > (and quotes?). Of course I could write my own python-method with a lot of replaces. But that would probably mean to reinvent a wheel that already exists (this seems to be a rather common task to me). Or is there a way to do it in DTML?
 >
 > Any help appreciated.
I would instead include a "charset" declaration and
no longer worry about HTML entities for latin 1 characters.

   <dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type','text/html; charset=iso-8859-1')">

Dieter