[Zope] Leaking Oracle connections & processes

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 22:58:50 +0100 (CET)

Shai Berger writes:
 > We are trying to build a site with Zope and Oracle, and we see again
 > and again a situation where Oracle connections and processes are
 > being leaked: the more we work, the more there are, until we reach
 > Oracle's limit for number of processes. At this point, the Connection
 > objects close on their own, and you can't even open SQL*Plus until
 > Zope is closed or restarted.
We have had this problem, too.

Maybe we still have it but to a much lesser extend.
What we did:

 * increase ZODB's cache size.
   Formerly, Oracle connections have been flushed from
   the cache with a high frequency.

   Apparently, some connections was not closed,
   even though the objects had been flushed from the
   cache.

   This migh be in relation to the "Record" leak closed
   recently (Zope 2.2.5b1).

 * install the latest DCOracle.

I think, the two steps did not remove all our problems,
but had reduced it to an extend we can live with,
until we know more about the problem.

This implies, we are interested in what you may find out.

Dieter