[Zope] Non-ASCII-form-input -> HTML-entities?

Markus Kemmerling markus.kemmerling@mediaweb.at
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 10:33:58 +0100

Thanks for your answers!

I am looking forward for Unicode-Zope, but for now the solution proposed by D. Maurer is sufficient for me. (I suppose it is equally good to insert a Content-Type meta-tag in the standard_html_header?)
This one line doesn't hurt, although W. Strobl seems to be right, especially taking into account the following 2 statements in RFC 2616:

'Some HTTP/1.0 software has interpreted a Content-Type header without charset parameter incorrectly to mean "recipient should guess."'

but also:

'Unfortunately, some older HTTP/1.0 clients did not deal properly with an explicit charset parameter.'

I encountered these problems especially on the Mac (up to Netscape 3, as far as I can remember). But as it seems, the time to care about this misbehaviour is over now.

Markus Kemmerling