[Zope] Python script / python method problem

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 11:54:20 -0500

From: Lothar T.E.L. <thatlothar@hotmail.com>
> I am having a problem with one of the examples in Chapter 12 of the Zope
> book. I am creating a new product called "Zoo Exhibit" comprising of a
DTML
> method, a Python script and, of course, a factory.

The Zope book examples are based on Zope 2.3, which includes classes (such
as Python Scripts) and behaviors that do not exist in prior versions.  Zope
2.3 is currently in alpha testing, and is available through CVS.

> I have a DTML method sending "id" and "title" to a Python method/script.
> I am told to create a "Python Script". I assume this is done by creating a
> "Python Method"?

Python Scripts supersede Python Methods, and behave somewhat differently.

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool & 4-am