[Zope] Zope eating CPU/RAM - how do I find the culprit?

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 13:41:04 +0100

> 	Some databases convert them to uppercase!
> 	Oracle is a prominent example!

> 	It took me once some ours to locate a bug resulting
> 	from this "feature".

This reminds me of another post I did some time before, but
where nobody replied.

Shouldn't tags for creating sql-statements in ZSQL
(like dtml-sqltest) quote the variables by default in order
to prevent unexpected conversions by the database?

I had to patch Zope in order to be able do queries on
a postgres db with capital column-names, because postgres
converts all unquoted columnnames to lowercase.

cheers,
oliver