[Zope] Re: Leaking Oracle connections & processes

Shai Berger shai@aristocart.com
Sun, 07 Jan 2001 12:36:17 +0200

Shai Berger wrote:

> I have checked a little before the disaster, and it seems
> that not all those processes actually have connections; the problem
> may be unrelated to open connections, but just to processes.

A little progress: We just had it happen again, and checked to see how
many live processes and how many zombies were involved. pstree showed
108 Zope-spawned Oracle processes, but ps showed only 55 zombies.

I assume, therefore, that the problem is not because of zombies; there
were over 50 live processes accessing oracle.

The accumulation of zombies is a problem in itself, of course, but I
understand it is also a known problem. And from what I see, it is a
separate problem.

Our impression here -- based on not much more than gut feeling -- is
that the problem is related to abandoned transactions, where an
exception is raised.

Thanks, Dieter, for your earlier response -- we are trying a larger
cache now, and we'll see how things go.

Have fun,
	Shai.