[Zope] filename extension

Mon, 08 Jan 2001 08:49:03 -0800

Perhaps I am wrong here, but couldn't one just use indirect variable lookup
within the expression to access the method.  There has got to be a way to
use _.getitem for this purpose inside the <dtml-in>, since by default, it
doesn't automatically render the method, but I'm not sure how one would pass
the param to the method?

Anybody have syntax that would work?

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Olaf Zanger [mailto:olaf.zanger@soli-con.com]
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2001 5:41 AM
To: zope@zope.org; zope-dev@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] filename extension

hi there,

some information on zope.org says that in the early future ftp access
should be possible not only to dtml-methods, -documents but also to
Zsql-methods.

to be future proof (and windows software proof) we'd like to have .xxx
extensions for all our methods (fac_browse_method.sql that lovely
windows understands what programm to start [textpad for sql ...])

unfortuanetly if called like <dtml-in
expr="fac_browse_method.sql(id=10)"> zope gernerates an error.

if there is a solution: how?
or if not: does anything needs to be changed in the file handling of
zope

thanks

olaf

--