[Zope] Multiple servers on Zope?

Kevin Teague kevin@bud.ca
Tue, 09 Jan 2001 01:47:26 -0800

> How can I create "multiple" web servers on Zope as in IIS?  We have a few
> domains that resolve to the same IP address. When a user accesses eg.
> www.geospace.co.za they must get to a different site than when they access
> www.triangletyre.co.za even though both addresses resolve to the same IP
> address.  In IIS you just create a new virtual web site that "responds" to
> the new domain name.  I am not using Zope through IIS and would actually
> like to get rid of IIS altogether.

You'll need to install the excellent SiteAccess Product to do virtual
hosting from within Zope (I used to use Apache with mod_rewrite to do the
virtual hosting, but it's much better to let Zope handle it).

http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/SiteAccess2

One caveat is that virtual hosting doesn't work cleanly with the Zcatalog.
This will be fixed in Zope 2.3, but if you aren't running 2.3alpha, and you
are using the Zcatalog, then you'll need this patch:

http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZCatalogVirtualHostFix/FrontPage

Kevin Teague
http://www.bud.ca