[Zope] Tux & Zope?

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Tue, 09 Jan 2001 13:27:36 -0500

sean.upton@uniontrib.com wrote:
> What I would really like to see is this: Images and multi-media that can be
> served by Tux, but managed by Zope, so that all content is managed, but
> serving the images and multi-media is really fast, and not reliant on the
> ODB.  I thought I saw something about a product that is like OFS:File &
> OFS:Image, but saves the files to the filesystem - that kind of thing might
> work for such a config.

This is precisely what Zope's new cache management architecture is
designed to do.  Just create the site then install a cache manager
object such as an "Accelerated HTTP Cache Manager", available in the
StandardCacheManagers product.  Visit the "Associate" tab of the cache
manager to locate all images that should be served by Tux rather than
Zope.  Turn on the checkboxes.  Voila!

Accelerated HTTP cache managers set some HTTP headers on the response.
The headers are recognized by downstream caches and the response is
cached for a determined period.  Simple, reliable, and flexible.

Shane