[Zope] REPOST: dtml-with doesn't work

Mayers, Philip J p.mayers@ic.ac.uk
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 12:22:59 -0000

Hopefully that will get someone's attention. I have an SQL method that
returns

(name,domain,otherstuff)

I have a DTML method (/root/host/show) that looks like this:

<dtml-comment>

'name' and 'domain' are set to the primary hostname
and domain at this point by whatever calls this
DTML method

POINT A
</dtml-comment>

<dtml-in "HDB_get_ip_aliases(ip=ip)">
  <dtml-comment>POINT B</dtml-comment>
  <dtml-let name2=name
            domain2=domain>
    <dtml-with alias>
      <dtml-comment>POINT C</dtml-comment>
      <dtml-with "_.namespace(name=name2,domain=domain2)">
        <dtml-comment>POINT D</dtml-comment>
        <dtml-var show>
      </dtml-with>
    </dtml-with>
  </dtml-let>
</dtml-in>

The folder structure is:

/root
  /alias
    show
  /host
    show

At the points marked B and D, <dtml-var name> and <dtml-var domain> work
fine, but at point B, name and domain have been reset to what they were at
point A. Why? This is totally broken - I'm *this* far from downloading the
servlet engine and giving up completely. Zope appears to be completely
non-intuitive in many respects, and combined with the generally lamentable
documentation, is taking up more of my time than I'm willing to spend on a
theoretically simple task.

Regards,
Phil

| Phil Mayers, Network Support     |