[Zope] broken products not indicated after Zope 2.2.5 install

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:53:02 +0100 (CET)

Fred Yankowski writes:
 > I just installed a full copy of Zope 2.2.5 onto my NT 4.0 SP 6 machine
 > and then copied over my data.fs* files from Zope 2.2.3.  Zope 2.2.5
 > comes up OK after that, but none of the Products in the Control Panel
 > / Products folder is shown as broken, even though I have yet to copy
 > over the dozen or so products that I had added onto Zope 2.2.3.  Of
 > course, other objects that depend on those products fail and some of
 > those do display a "broken" icon and state.  But why don't the
 > incomplete products themselves get flagged as broken?
This may be part of a (small) Zope misfeature.

If exceptions occur during some part of product registration,
then Zope appears not to update the product state.

I suggest, you activate Zope's logging mechanism
(either through an environment variable
"STUPID_LOG_FILE=file" or with an equivalent command line
argument to "start"). Then restart Zope and look at the log
file.
If you see exceptions there, file a bug report into the Collector.

Dieter