[Zope] Zope vs. java solutions : looking forward ?

J. Atwood jatwood@bwanazulia.com
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:41:39 -0500

Just some quick thoughts..... (I have worked with both)

- This is not about Java vrs Python since that is a different
discussion. This should be about Zope vrs Enhydra.
- Zope has a great future which can be shown by Digital Creations
success, Zope involvement and activity
- In terms of getting a site up and running there is no question that
you can get a Zope site running up faster than a Servlet based site

You might want to take a look at the semi-old but still very
interesting Tomcat vrs Zope benchmarks
http://www.zope.org/Members/BwanaZulia/benchmarks.html  (Tomcat is
the servlet engine behind Enhydra).

Cheers,