[Zope] Zope vs. java solutions : looking forward ?

Simon Coles simon@nipltd.com
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:38:28 +0000

>Actually, I think their problem with python is that they are scared to
>invest in learning it and not be able to use it for future projects.

I don't think there's much investment required to "learn Python". Any
techie worthy of the name should be able to pick it up in a matter of
hours or at most a couple of days. That's the beauty of Python - it
is simple, but powerful.

Typically we allocate a day for students (even straight from school)
to learn enough Python to start working on projects.

I really wouldn't worry about the investment required to learn Python.

The Zope learning curve used to be quite steep, I know there's been
lots of work done to make it easier, but I haven't taken anyone
through it recently to know what its like now.

Simon
--
--------- My opinions are my own, NIP's opinions are theirs ----------
Simon J. Coles                                 Email: simon@nipltd.com