[Zope] DCOracle bug?

Shai Berger shai@aristocart.com
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 11:22:05 +0200

Hi guys,

As I have written before, we are using DCOracle 1.3.2 / Oracle 8.0.5
on a Linux/i386. We need some LONG RAW columns, and we hold them
in a special table long_data, with two columns, long_id (int) and
long_data (long raw). Other tables where long data is needed hold
references to this table.

We have recently encountered a peculiar behavior: In Zope, if we issue
a query which selects many rows with one long column each (essentially,

select * from long_data

), it works; if the query selects more than one column, but only one
row (essentially,

select a.*,b.*
from long_data a, long_data b
where a.long_id=17 and b.long_id=34

), it also works; but if we select multiple rows with multiple long
columns (as in

select a.*,b.*
from long_data a, long_data b

) we get an Oracle error indicating a buffer is not allocated to
receive the data.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks,
	Shai.