[Zope] ZMySQLDA, Problems Connecting

Steve McMahon steve@suntype.com
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 11:32:15 -0800

Greetings Zopers,

I'm attempting to make connections between Zope and MySQL using
MySQL-python 0.3.0 and ZMySQLDA 2.01.

The Python/MySQLdb side is working. I can use "connect(db='test')" or
"connect(db='test', user='guest', passwd='token')" -- where guest and token
are a MySQL username and password -- to build a connection object and go on
to do queries.

However, when I attempt to add a Z MySQL Database Connection to a folder, I
get "Invalid connection string" -- no matter what the connection string I
offer. (e.g., "test" or "test guest token" or "test@localhost guest token"
or any number of permutations of these.

Anybody run into this problem? Any suggestions on avenues to pursue?

Thanks, Steve McMahon