[Zope] Calling other frames

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 05:45:04 -0500 (EST)

I think probably Javascript is the 'cleanest' solution in this case,
but depending on the complexity of your UI another non-JS approach is
to make every link target the topmost frome (e.g., target="_top") and
redraw all frames in the frameset on each 'click'. This way you know
that all frames reflect the latest situation, but it can be annoying
to see the whole browser redraw every time you do anything. However,
if your browser doesn't *do* Javascript.... (so long as it does do
frames.... hmm.. how likely is that?) then it would at least work....

-steve