[Zope] ZMySQLDA returns truncated/corrupted data?

aasmund@polardesign.no aasmund@polardesign.no
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 13:05:01 +0100 (CET)

I am running Zope from the CVS (from January 14th), MySQL 3.22.23 and
ZMySQLDA v2.0.1.

The install appears to be successfull, the Products appear in the Control
Panel, I can add, and open a database connection.

However, when I issue the following query:

SHOW TABLES;

I receive the following set:

Tables in la_eksempel
--------------------

(la_eksempel the name of the database, naturally)

There is no table named 'a', however there is a table named "artikkel". If
I try to browse the database, I get a tree with 5 first-level nodes, all
named with the first letter of a table in my database.

If I try "SELECT * FROM ARTIKKEL;", I get

Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: len() of unsized object

With the following traceback:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /home/ahj/polar/zope/Zope2/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
222, in publish_module
  File /home/ahj/polar/zope/Zope2/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
187, in publish
  File /home/ahj/polar/zope/Zope2/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 221,
in zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: RoleManager)
  File /home/ahj/polar/zope/Zope2/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
171, in publish
  File /home/ahj/polar/zope/Zope2/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line
160, in mapply
    (Object: manage_test)
  File /home/ahj/polar/zope/Zope2/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
112, in call_object
    (Object: manage_test)
  File /home/ahj/polar/zope/Zope2/lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/Connection.py,
line 204, in manage_test
    (Object: RoleManager)
  File
/home/ahj/polar/zope/Zope2/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py, line
538, in __call__
    (Object: <string>)
  File /home/ahj/polar/zope/Zope2/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_In.py,
line 605, in renderwb
    (Object: db)
  File /home/ahj/polar/zope/Zope2/lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/Results.py,
line 174, in __getitem__
TypeError: (see above)

Has anybody else experienced this?