[Zope] ZMySQLDA returns truncated/corrupted data?

Andy Dustman adustman@globix.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 12:54:34 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 aasmund@polardesign.no wrote:

> I am running Zope from the CVS (from January 14th), MySQL 3.22.23 and
> ZMySQLDA v2.0.1.

Are you really running MySQL 3.22.23? This is a rather old version.

> The install appears to be successfull, the Products appear in the Control
> Panel, I can add, and open a database connection.
>
> However, when I issue the following query:
>
> SHOW TABLES;
>
> I receive the following set:
>
> Tables in la_eksempel
> --------------------
>
> (la_eksempel the name of the database, naturally)
>
> There is no table named 'a', however there is a table named "artikkel". If
> I try to browse the database, I get a tree with 5 first-level nodes, all
> named with the first letter of a table in my database.

That's very odd, because it works for me.

> If I try "SELECT * FROM ARTIKKEL;", I get
>
> Error Type: TypeError
> Error Value: len() of unsized object

I don't know if this is the problem, but ZMySQLDA-2.0.1 requires
MySQLdb-0.3.0 (aka MySQL-python). These should both work with
MySQL-3.22.23, though I would recommend an upgrade to at least 3.22.32 (or
3.23.30).

--
andy dustman  |  programmer  |  comstar.net is part of the Globix network
telephone: 770.485.6025 / 706.549.7689 | icq: 32922760 | pgp: 0xc72f3f1d