[Zope] Adding content type to internet explorer

Farrell, Troy troy.farrell@wilcom.com
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 10:07:35 -0600

Actually, I'm not a newbie, but that is the nicest greeting a "newbie" has
gotten on this list that I know of.  Thanks.

To see how IE looks at MIME types, look here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/networking/moniker/overview/appendix_a.as
From the looks of it:

IE first looks at the
header from the server.  If that is an unknown type and unambiguous, it
returns the data as whatever the server calls it.
If the type is known AND ambiguous (text/plain or application/octet-stream),
IE parses the data and guesses.  If it comes to no conclusion, then it looks
at the extension.

Try a
<dtml-call expr="RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type', 'application/x-pdf')">
or whatever is appropriate for your application.

AFAIK NS looks only at the Content-Type: header, but I consider myself
ignorant in that area.

Troy