[Zope] ZClass Adding Magic Needed

Geoffrey L. Wright geoff@northernwastes.org
16 Jan 2001 23:42:26 -0900

So:

I have a odd little problem that I can't seem to solve.  I have two
zclasses.  We'll call them zclass1 and zclass2.  zclass2 lives inside
of zclass1.  zclass1 has the following two properties:  id and
displayOrder.  zclass2 has the four properties: id, displayOrder,
alignment and content.  In both cases the id is an automaticly
generated unique number based on ZopeTime.

My problem is that I need to make a public add method that generates a
new instance of zclass1 with a new instance of zclass2 inside of it.
I also need to be able to control set the displayOrder of zclass1, and
the alignment and content of zclass2 from the same form.  The
displayOrder of zclass2 will be static for the time being, but I'll
ultimately need to control that as well.

I hacked the default add method of zclass1 so that it generates a new
instance of zclass2 each time, and using the Job Board HOWTO I managed
to make a public add method.  So far so good.  But now I can't for the
life of me figure out how to pass some form variables to one object
and some to the other, especially while they have some identically named
properties.

Any hints on this one?

//glw