[Zope] Zope with SSL on Cobalt RAQ3

Simon Coles simon@nipltd.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:31:56 +0000

>Does anyone have any experience doing this?
>
>I have been beating my head trying to get this thing to work because the
>RAQ2 Apache is customised and doesn't take kindly to trying to add mod_proxy
>etc. No one in the RAQ2 user groups seems to know how to get this to work so
>I thought I would see if anyone in Zope land knew.
>
>I have read the SSL page at
>http://www.zope.org/Members/unfo/apache_zserver_ssl  but it isn't quite as
>straight forward on the Cobalt server.

We run some of our Zope hosting services on Cobalt RaQ3's, with
Apache in front of Zope.

I'm unsure of the details of why, but the way its setup now is we
compiled our own version of Apache which is what listens on port 80
of the RaQ, and the original Apache that came with the RaQ listens on
another port (so the management stuff still works).

Simon
--
--------- My opinions are my own, NIP's opinions are theirs ----------
Simon J. Coles                                 Email: simon@nipltd.com