[Zope] Apache with Zope

Simon Coles simon@nipltd.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:36:15 +0000

>Hi there !! I have zope and apache listeners in one machine !!
>Is there any way to have only apache receiving requests for zope
>and apache, without having two listeners ???
>
>I'm thinking of some module that provide zope funcionalaty to apache !
>Without having ProxyPass and RewriteRule directives !!!
>
>Is this not possible ? If you have some ideas, just shoot them :)

I think what you're asking for is a way of having just Apache
listening on port 80 of your server, and then Apache passing on
requests to Zope - and you want to do this without using ProxyPass.

There are various CGI-derived ways of doing this, but to be honest
the ProxyPass setup works very well indeed and doesn't seem to incur
any massive performance hit. So unless you have a really good reason
for not using ProxyPass, I would just move your Zope onto a port
other than 80 and use ProxyPass.

Simon
--
--------- My opinions are my own, NIP's opinions are theirs ----------