[Zope] User Preferences as opposed to Browser Preferences

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 23:02:05 -0000

> like textarea size preferences. We are specifically *not* trying
> to do 'user' preferences.

Ah, now that's what I thought :-)

Why not?

To be honest, user preferences in this area would be much more useful as I
tend to do a lot of work through lots of different virtual hosts and on lots
of different Zope instances... having to change the preferences all the time
is a pain :-(

Sadly, AFAIK, they're not true browser preferences, they're
whatever-entity-the-browser-decides-cookies-can-span.

For example, if I understand it correctly, I have to set preferences
individually on:
http://zope.nipltd.com/manage
http://www.squishdot.org/manage
http://squishdot.org/manage
http://www.bay-c.co.uk/manage

...even if they were all running on he same server, and I'm using the same
browser and machine to access them :-(

If I'm wrong, I'll be very happy ;-)

cheers,

Chris