[Zope] Zope 2.3.0 beta 1 comments

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 09:35:14 +0000

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> i had the intermittent "browser displays the CSS text and not the real page"
> in another situation go away by expressly setting the content type in the
> linked CSS file. the first line would become...
>
> <dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type','text/css')">

Yup, that sovles the CSS problem...

> on 1/17/01 8:20, Martijn Pieters at mj@digicool.com wrote:

> > If you switch to inline CSS (instead of linked CSS) this problem will go
> > away. In a2 the inline/linked descision was made for you by using browser
> > sniffing (which isn't very reliable as many people use filtering proxies
> > these days).
> >
> > Netscape 4 is just way broken. I suspect that is also why Netscape
> > sometimes doesn't render a page.

...but I'ev also had the problem of downloading stuff off Zope.org and having
.tar.gz's coming back as text in the browser, nto nice. Again, however, hitting
reload invariably brings up the File Download dialog box.

Maybe there's a bug somewhere deep in Zope that means the content-type doesn't
_always_ get set?

cheers,

Chris