[Zope] Help with getting started with Login Manager

Mayers, Philip J p.mayers@ic.ac.uk
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:33:09 -0000

Try this:

http://www.zope.org/Members/jok/SQL_based_LoginManager

Some extra pointers:

Step 7: Customize the LoginManger instance to call the SQL methods

You'll have this

/root
  /folder
    /acl_users (LoginManager)
      /UserSource
        SQL_check_user
        SQL_get_password
        SQL_get_roles

You're then supposed to add DTML Methods called
userAuthenticate,userExists,userRoles *BUT* if you do this, you'll be locked
out. Instead, add

xuserAuthenticate
xuserExists
xuserRoles

Edit & test the DTML methods, then when you're sure they work, batch rename
them (i.e. tick the boxes next to all three, then click rename). They'll be
renamed as an atomic unit, and hopefully the LoginManager will work.

It can be very frustrating to get going though - Once you've completed step
6, I recommend taking a copy of "folder" i.e.

/root
  /folder
    (...etc...)
  /copy_of_folder
    (...etc...)

If you break it, you can get back to /root, delete folder, copy
"copy_of_folder" back to "folder" and not have to start from scratch. Very
time saving.

Regards,
Phil

| Phil Mayers, Network Support     |