[Zope] Mental disconnect help: Zope objects vs. Python objects in ZODB

andres@corrada.com andres@corrada.com
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:10:45 -0500

Hello,

I'm designing a large e-commerce site with Zope. In the process I have also
designed an object API for the site. My problem is that I can't bridge my
conception of ZODB as a database for Zope objects and my conception of ZODB
as a container for Python objects. For the latter case I'm thinking of AMK's
ZODB/ZEO repackaging.

For example, I want to create a Python class for a Product object and store
the instances in the ZODB. I have looked at ZClasses and they don't seem to
support data structures that I'm comfortable with in Python like dictionaries.

Am I being dense in this mental disconnect and is it just trivial to write
Python scripts that create objects in the ZODB and have Zope dtml calls that
access the attributes in these objects?

Andres Corrada-Emmanuel   Email: andres@corrada.com