[Zope] Stopping a <dtml-in>

Curtis Maloney curtis@cardgate.net
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 08:49:38 +1100

On Thursday 18 January 2001 17:37, Dennis Nichols wrote:
> At 1/17/01 10:24 PM, Tres Seaver wrote:
> Some 8 months ago, I thought "break" was missing from <dtml-in> and wrote
> to this list. Within hours, clever solutions were suggested, the most
> impressive of which was Jonothan's patch mentioned above. I'm happy to see
> Tres saying that he doesn't buy the anti-DTML-scripting sentiment. To me,
> it makes little sense to create a language and then make it hard to
> use.  Even less so when refusing an offered change that is more of a
> correction than it is an extension. Now just don't get me started on
> "_['index-whatever']" :-)

Count me as another vote of support.  As much as people diss DTML, my first
few sites were entirely DTML because, before PythonScripts or PythonMethods,
it was the simplest solution when you needed TTW editing.

It would take just a little nudge (the sequence-* to sequence_* patch, and
perhaps this dtml-break) to make DTML much easier to use.  I consider DTML as
a relatively unthreatening step for people between newbie status and moving
into full Python methods.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to go back and start writing my first
ZClass...

> --
> Dennis Nichols
> nichols@tradingconnections.com