[Zope] Shut down zope from python script

Dimitris Andrakakis dandraka_info@yahoo.com
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 16:46:39 +0200

Richard wrote:
> I'm a newbie, running zope and apache on my win98 box, trying to
> learn enough to start using zope in a production environment. Windows
> slows down dramatically if I leave it running more than a couple of
> days

I can't really help you, but I'd consider it much wiser to
try and find the _reason_ that causes the slowdown.
Start by tracking the memory usage, CPU usage etc.
Check the list archives -I've watched many threads on
this issue.
Another thing: I'd consider running Zope+Apache on
NT workstation or 2000 professional, even for test
purposes. You'll find the NT task manager (among
others) very handy.

Dimitris
http://atlas.central.ntua.gr:8000