[Zope] Shut down zope from python script

Farrell, Troy troy.farrell@wilcom.com
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:32:25 -0600

Yes, we all wish we were on *N[UI]X.
However the question was "How do we shut this thing down?" Using
ThroughTheWeb(TTW) scripting:
http://usernamewithabilitytoshutdownzope:password@zopeserver:8080/Control_Pa
nel/manage_shutdown
adjust the portnumber to match your server.

You can do this with just about anything.  Those ZopeBook blasphemers even
showed that MSWord could be used to script Zope:
http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/ZB/ScriptingZope.html
Last example.
Most people would use something like wget. :)

If you want to use a python script (not to be confused with PythonScript),
look at zclient:
http://www.zope.org/Members/lstaffor/ZClientMethod

Troy