[Zope] (Cc || Bcc) && <dtml-sendmail>

Jeff Peterson jpeterso@the-bridge.net
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 14:56:48 -0600

Thanks!

I had done exactly that, prior to writing my request for help.  It turns out
the problem was not Zope at all (surprise, surprise) or my code.  I was
using a test case that sent the message to an address aliased to my address
and then was also Cc'ing the message to my address.  The mailer (Exim)
apparently is smart enough to notice that they are one in the same and only
send 1 piece of mail.

In the end it was all my fault for shortsightedly not looking at the actual
headers and just assuming the mail would come.

Jeffrey D. Peterson
Webmaster/Web & Web Applications Developer
Range TV Cable & Broadband
1813 E. 3rd Ave.  Hibbing, MN 55746
jpeterso@the-bridge.net

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of Loren
Stafford
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2001 2:12 PM
To: jpeterso@the-bridge.net; 'Zope@Zope. Org'
Subject: RE: [Zope] (Cc || Bcc) && <dtml-sendmail>

Here's an example from one of my workinig tech-support forms. I used to have
a Bcc: right after the Cc:

<dtml-with "PARENTS[-1]"><dtml-sendmail mailhost=MailHost>
To: xxx@yyy.com
Cc: aaa@yyy.com, bbb@yyy.com, <dtml-var ReplyTo>
From: webserver@yyy.com
Subject: New Employee Setup

Name:       <dtml-var mvxfname> <dtml-var mvxminitial> <dtml-var mvxlname>
Manager:    <dtml-var mvxmanager>
Start Date: <dtml-var mvxsdate>
Department: <dtml-var mvxdept>
Cubicle:    <dtml-var mvxcubicle>

Office Phone: <dtml-var mvxNumbers>. <dtml-var mvxVoiceMail>.

E-Mail:     <dtml-var mvxEmail missing="off">

<dtml-if mvxaliases>
Aliases:
<dtml-in mvxaliases>
    <dtml-var sequence-item>
</dtml-in mvxaliases>
</dtml-if mvxaliases>

<dtml-if mvxEmailLists>
E-Mail Distribution Lists:
<dtml-in mvxEmailLists>
    <dtml-var sequence-item>
</dtml-in mvxEmailLists>
</dtml-if mvxEmailLists>

-- end --

</dtml-sendmail></dtml-with "PARENTS[-1]">