[Zope] Re: patch for python configure for freeBSD and Zope

Chris Watson chris@voodooland.net
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 17:03:41 -0600 (CST)

> Hi, I'm using  freeBSD 4.2-RELEASE and just tried to install python-1.5.2 and
> Zope.  If you are trying to do the same and tun into the following error when
> trying to start zope, then apply this patch to the configure script of python
> and rebuild it.
>
> ImportError: ./ExtensionClass.so: Undefined symbol "PyMethod_Type"

Matt,

	Is this an error in the port itself of python? Python 2.0 is in
ports as well as zope. If there is a problem with either port can you give
more detail so the apropriate maintainer can be notified. Thanks!

-Chris Watson         (316) 326-3862 | FreeBSD Consultant, FreeBSD Geek
Work:              scanner@jurai.net | Open Systems Inc., Wellington, Kansas
Home:  scanner@deceptively.shady.org | http://open-systems.net
WINDOWS: "Where do you want to go today?"
LINUX: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
BSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"
GNU = Gnu's Non-portable & Unstable
irc.openprojects.net #FreeBSD -Join the revolution!
ICQ: 20016186