[Zope] Re: patch for python configure for freeBSD and Zope

matt matt@virtualspectator.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 13:03:22 +1300

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Chris Watson wrote:
> > Sorry, to be more explicit :
> > I built python 1.5.2 and Zope 2.2.2 from source, although the most recent
> > stable release of Zope also gave the same error.
> >
> > I did not use the ports distribution of python or zope, so I don't know if
> > the same default configure script is used by them too.
> >
> > Is that what you wanted to know?
>

> 	Yes. That answers what I wanted to know. Is there a specific
> reason you didnt want to use the ports? Since the ports work just fine im
> assuming there is. I would like to know if its because the ports are
> lacking a feature you need so they can be fixed? If not why not just
> use the ports?

No reason except that I have an install script for python, zope, and modules
(including configuration) for both that I "know" form a stable environment on
our production servers, whether linux, or freeBSD.  I should try the ports
distribution and run my unit tests to perhaps build a more likely to be
stable freeBSD installer for our work.

Matt