[Zope] Using a Session variable in a dtml-var

Paul Zwarts paul.zwarts@oratrix.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 16:55:45 +0100

Hi all,

Im trying to call a variable from SQLSession and then use it in a var.

I am using SQLSession to store the 'zone' value which I want to call in
the index_html document to then include a specific dtml-method depending
on the variable that the Session returns.

SESSION['zone'] will equal 'Home', so I want to:
<dtml-var Home>, where 'Home' is a dtml-method that contains html and
dtml that is specific to the page I want called.

so I've tried:
   <dtml-var name="SESSION['zone']">
   <dtml-var "PARENTS[-1].BC2.SESSION['zone']">

...But I cant seem to get it to work and I've spent hours searching the
zope site....

I'm also trying to do the same thing with other methods that contain
interface html and all are name by
A_<name>
B_<name> called from SESSION['interface']

so I wanted to do something like:

   <dtml-var name="'A_'+SESSION['interface']">

Which of course doesnt work either....

Can anyone help?

Thanks very much in advance.....
Paz