[Zope] Zope 2.3.0b2 bug #2

Michael Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:04:14 -0800

Oleg Broytmann wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Brian Lloyd wrote:
> > FYI - I've taken out the charset declaration altogether for beta 3,
>
>    Thanks.
>
> > since this is obviously an issue that needs more thought. Since
>
>    Sure. Language/encoding issues are hard to implement, though. There are
> servers, proxies, browsers - and almost none of them obey standards
> correctly :(

The chosen language/encoding solution will likely have to be
implemented along with some sort of language/encoding policy
interface, so that the exact behaviour can be set by the
server administrator, and possibly overridden by managers at
different points in the tree.

I would suggest that the default setting (in the startup
script) be fully standards compliant, but a systems
administrator should still be able to select another
behaviour for Zope if they wish (including disallowing
managers to override).

Sorry this is a bit vague, need coffee.

Michael Bernstein.