[Zope] Zope 2.3.0b2 bug #2

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@mail2.phd.pp.ru>
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 19:51:48 +0300 (MSK)

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Michael Bernstein wrote:
> >    Sure. Language/encoding issues are hard to implement, though. There are
> > servers, proxies, browsers - and almost none of them obey standards
> > correctly :(
>
> The chosen language/encoding solution will likely have to be
> implemented along with some sort of language/encoding policy
> interface, so that the exact behaviour can be set by the
> server administrator, and possibly overridden by managers at
> different points in the tree.

   No, this force to choose one encoding for a subtree. Wrong way - we,
poor Russians use different encodings for different OSes. UNIX users use
KOI8-R, Windows uses windows-1251, DOS and OS/2 users still use old CP866
encoding. This is browser issue, not server-side, and site admin should NOT
force any encoding.

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann     http://www.zope.org/Members/phd/     phd@phd.pp.ru