[Zope] Re: ZClasses and "title" property

Tim Moore tmoore@tembel.org
22 Jan 2001 17:47:10 +0000

I guessed it was something like this, so this leads me to two followup
questions.

1) I'd be happy to use the built-in title property assuming that it
   won't cause some kind of problem.  I just don't know how I can set
   that in instance objects since it doesn't appear on the property
   sheet.  Can I modify the addForm and add methods for the class to
   set it there?  Do I need to make a custom view?  What approach do
   most people take in this situation, using the built-in title or
   choosing a different name for a title-like property?

2) The tutorial in the Zope Developer's Guide instructs you to add a
   "title" property to CDClass
   (http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Guides/ZDG-HTML/ZDG.6.2.4.html).
   I haven't actually run through the tutorial exactly, but I assume
   from my experience that this won't actually work.  Maybe this part
   of the guide should be changed to reflect this (as well as other
   sections that also use "title" as an example property).

Thanks for the responses!

--
Tim Moore