[Zope] Numeric Entries in Catalog Search

Tim Cook twcook@iswt.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 13:53:17 -0600

Alberto Berti wrote:

> Tim Cook wrote:
>
> > Just to clarify. Chris W's comment that the vocabulary strips out
> > the digits.
> >
> > It seems to only do so when there is no other characters adjacent
> > in the property.
> > If there are alphabetic characters but separated by whitespace it
> > will remove the digits. If they are separated by a hyphen it will
> > not remove the digits but will remove the hyphen. Also in my case
> > of the DOB it removes the '/' separating the elements.
>
> And you can't do the same work with the value  in the search form? e.g.
> i you are searching against 1960/03/* why you don't strip the '/'
> character before passing the value to  the catalog for the search? so u
> do effectively a search against '196003*'. Maybe this can work...

Actually, I was incorrect. It doesn't strip the slashes. But
that's not the issue. The problem is that if you enter digits
into a string property they don't get entered into a globbing
vocabulary. They must have either a character appended or
prepended to the string of digits to prevent them from being
stripped.

-- Tim Cook, President --
Free Practice Management,Inc. | http://www.FreePM.com Office:
(901) 884-4126
"Nearly everyone will lie to you given the  right
circumstances."
- Bill Clinton