[Zope] _.getitem() was:Getting an object from it's id

Tim Cook twcook@iswt.com
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 08:22:09 -0600

Speaking of getitem...

> if objectname is actually a variable with the name...
>
> <dtml-with "_.getitem(objectname,0)">

Can someone explain this from the ZQR?

getitem(name,flag)
Lookup a name in the namespace. If the value is callable and the
flag is true, then the result of calling the value is returned,
otherwise the value is returned. flag defaults to false.

I use getitem() quite alot and never set the flag (therefore it's
false). It works and does what I want, but the ZQR entry doesn't
seem to support that and I have seen it given as an example with
the flag set true with what appears to me to be the same results.

Thanks,
-- Tim Cook, President --
Free Practice Management,Inc. | http://www.FreePM.com Office:
(901) 884-4126
"Liberty has never come from the government." - Woodrow Wilson