[Zope] PythonScripts editable through FTP?

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 01:43:36 -0500

Jerome Alet <alet@unice.fr> wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Chris Withers wrote:
>
> > Jerome Alet wrote:
> >
> > > I sincerely don't know because I've disabled FTP here.
> >
> > How come?
> >
> > What about WebDAV?
>
> don't use it either.
>
> I want to use my own text editor (JERED), not because it's
> the best to develop (far from that in fact) but because it
> works exactly like I want it to work (which is normal since
> I've written it). Unfortunately it doesn't handle WebDAV or
> any other Internet protocol...

You might look at the 'cadaver' WebDAV client (on Unixen):

  http://www.webdav.org/cadaver

It can browse your Zope using WebDAV (especially nice if you
run the "WebDAV source port" HTTP listener), and kick down to
your favorite editor to edit files.

I'm liking it a lot -- the last reason to even consider using
emacs is gone :)

Tres.