[Zope] REMOTE_ADDR

Marcus Mendes mvmendes@emdata.com.br
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:54:51 +0000

I don't understand very much about Apache; but i've this lines in my
httpd.conf. See:

<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>
   ServerAdmin XXX
   DocumentRoot XXX
   ServerName myserver.xxx.xxx
   ServerAlias myserver
   ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log
   CustomLog /usr/local/apache/logs/access_log common
   ScriptAlias /script/ /usr/local/apache/script/

   RewriteEngine On
   RewriteLog "/usr/local/apache/logs/rewrite_log"
   RewriteLogLevel 0
   RewriteRule ^/local/ - [L]
   RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://myserver:8080/marcus/$1 [P]
</VirtualHost>

I'm using Zope.cgi with SiteAccess
In the SiteAcess, I have -> base: http://myserver:8080
and URL : /marcus

How can I pass to my ZServer the REMOTE_ADDR's content?

Thanks a lot!

Marcus Mendes.

Oleg Wrote:

  Which way do you connect Apache to Zope? Mod_pcgi? mod_fastcgi?
mod_proxy? I am afraid if you use mod_proxy - you cannot obtain remote
address. Or may be there is a way to pass it explicitly to Zope.
  Other modules (FCGI/PCGI) should pass all neccessary information
(actually, the entire request environment) by default.

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann     http://www.zope.org/Members/phd/     phd@phd.pp.ru