[Zope] let problem (or just a stupid newbie)

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 10:16:19 +0000

Hans de Wit wrote:

> I was trying the following dtml-method (just from the book) in my Zope 2.3.0 Windows NT
> installation

Really? direct from the book?

> <dtml-var standard_html_header>
> <dtml-let person="'Bob'">
> <dtml-var person>
> <dtml-var standard_html_footer>

...that should be:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<dtml-let person="'Bob'">
<dtml-var person>
</dtml-let>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

> "No closing tag, for tag <dtml-let person="'Bob'">, on line 2 of nog"

To be fair, that's a pretty descriptive error message ;-)

> Did i do something wrong?, it must, since this is rather basic, isn't it?  I posted it to
> the collector as a question, but i am not sure whether that is correct.

Ooo... the collector is probably a little excessive. Generally ask on the list
if you want to stick something in the collector, that's what I do most of the
time ;-)

cheers,

Chris