[Zope] PopMail Client

Spicklemire, Jerry Jerry.Spicklemire@IFLYATA.COM
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:38:16 -0500

Hi David,

I'm looking at your Pop3 Client tool for Zope and have hit a snag.
Is there any documentation about correct usage, or example (Zope) code?

I'm using Zope 2.2.1 on Redhat Linux, with PopMailBase .0.0.3,
and PopMail .0.0.2

I have looked over POP.py, and have a glimmer of what to do to call
these methods and functions. I have added a Pop Client Folder, and a
client account object, but when I try to use the "View" tab in the
Zope TTW GUI, I get the tracebacks, below.

The 'error_proto' is a reference to the first class listed in poplib.py,
which simply 'pass(es)' when an Exception is used as a parameter. One
thing I noticed is that poplib seems to treat error_proto as a function
sometimes, which strikes me as odd. Some Pythonic stuff boggles my mind.
Now you know as much (hopefully much more!) than I do.

Thanks for any help!
Jerry S.

First this shows up,

Zope Error