[Zope] Oracle and long raws

J. Cone jcone@g8labs.com
Mon, 02 Jul 2001 19:56:15 +0100

Hello All,

I'm trying to retrieve a long raw from Oracle and interpret specific bytes
of it as integers according to a proprietary protocol.

So far, I have:
  - a Z SQL method that retrieves some other columns and the long raw
  - a pluggable brain that assumes the long raw is a string and executes
ord() on various characters
  - a DTML document that displays the various fields and the results of
functions from the pluggable brain

The main problems seem to be:
  - the uninterpreted long raw displays as a string containing garbage
  - the interpreter returns numbers that are unrelated to the data I expect

Are long raws supported in DCOoracle?

If so, can someone please provide me with advice about using them?

If not, can someone please provide me with advice about where to start
looking to extend it? (I know OCI 7 and some OCI 8)

Thanks in advance,
J. Cone